We’re frequently asked by clients how they can set up a function that will automatically forward on their Mediamine reports to the people that need to see them.
There are a couple of ways of doing this. If you don’t have a desire to edit your report before it reaches your intended recipients, you can set up an auto-forward rule in Microsoft Outlook.
Alternatively, subscribers to our Newsroom service can easily edit and forward reports online. We hope this guide helps!
Forwarding with Microsoft Outlook*
For those using Microsoft Outlook, a simple way to distribute reports automatically is to set up an auto-forward rule within Microsoft Outlook. Here’s how:
- Click File on the top left of Outlook’s main page, this opens the settings panel.
- Click Manage Rules & Alerts at the bottom of panel.
- Click New Rule in the top left corner.
- Select “Apply rule on messages I receive” at the bottom of the page. Click Next.
- Check the box next to “From People Or Public Group” under the Step 1 box.
- To forward your reports, click the underlined people or public group Either select firstname.lastname@example.org from your contacts, or type it into the “From” bar. Click OK, and then click Next.
- In the new window, check the box next to “Forward It To People Or Public Group”.
- Click the underlined people or public group Add who you would like to automatically receive the reports by either selecting them from your contacts list, or typing email@example.com into the From box.
- Click Next. If you like, you can create exceptions, but it is not necessary. To skip, click Next again.
- Name your rule and check that your settings are correct. Make sure the “Turn on this rule box” is checked. (You can also choose to apply the rule to existing messages in your inbox to forward all existing email from your chosen group to your chosen recipients).
- If everything is in order, click Finish. Then click OK, and your rule will begin applying itself!
*Instructions may vary between browsers.
Please note that setting up a rule in this way means you’ll be unable to edit the report that is sent to your inbox, as the auto forward rule is triggered as soon as the email is received.
Forwarding from Newsroom
If you’re subscribed to our Newsroom service, you can easily forward reports from your user profile. This also means you can further refine the report before sending it. To forward reports out of Newsroom, follow these steps:
- From the main reports page, select the three horizontal bars in the top right-hand corner and click [username] from the drop-down menu.
- To change who receives the report, select the three vertical ellipses to the left of the horizontal bars and click Report Recipients from the drop-down menu.
- Here you edit your default recipients’ list. To add a recipient, click the Add Email Address button.
- Type or copy their address into the Email tab.
- Don’t forget to save by clicking the orange-highlighted floppy disc button in the top-right. (Whenever you make any savable changes in Newsroom, this icon will be highlighted to indicate they haven’t yet been saved.)
- Return to the main report page and select the report you’d like to send.
- Select the vertical ellipses, and click send from the drop down menu.
- Select the format you’d like to send the report in then. Once you’re happy with your option, click Send in the bottom right. (It’s worth noting on this page you manually add and remove recipients, so if there is someone you want to send a report to as a one-off, you can add their email address here rather than making them part of your default list.)
Specific contact address
Another option is to create a unique email account and set this as the default address your reports are sent to directly by Mediamine.
This can behave like a group contact list and link to a number of other email addresses, so that rather than being forwarded; everyone linked to it receives the report direct from Mediamine. However, your IT department will need to set it up.