Keep Up to Date by Using Our Media Research Tools and Reports
Mediamine focuses on curating media research reports from a wide variety of sources to help our clients track potential issues, their competitors, their own online reputation, and current affairs from around the world that could impact their business. These reports can help a company decide on advertising strategies, new directions, and social media interactions to boost their brand interaction.
Tips Regarding Media Research in New Zealand
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when doing your media research which is advisable as an addition to our services. If you learn to understand these things for yourself, our reports will be even more helpful.
- Go old school and subscribe to print publications focusing on your industry. Many believe that print is dead, but there are still some high-quality magazines and newspapers out there with tonnes of valuable information. Many companies continue to take out print ads and seeing those advertisements put out by your competitors can help you make informed strategic moves in your own company.
- Use social media to your advantage. Twitter polls are a fantastic way to track what your audience thinks about your brand and using social media can also be an excellent way to gain more followers and create brand awareness. By using targeted advertising, you can reach the audience you need simply by using those 140 characters wisely. Dive into the world of Instagram as well to reach a broader group. Depending on your business it can also be beneficial to enter a younger market by doing some research and finding out what the latest trends are.
- Use our Newsroom app to keep up with the latest world news, research about companies in your field, and curated competitor analysis. This app was created specifically to assist you in making smart decisions about the moves you make in your business. Stay ahead by monitoring the activity of your competition all in one convenient location. Our online reports are human-edited which means it’s not merely some information generated by an algorithm. Our highly-trained team will analyse the data ensuring you get a human touch.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Media Research
Here are a couple of mistakes people make and how you can avoid them.
- Not having a clear plan for the data you want. Understanding exactly what you want to get out of our media research reports will make it much easier to find what you’re looking for when you receive your analysis. Be specific and ask intentional questions such as “which age group is most invested in my company?” or “how much are customers willing to spend on my product?” Having these specific questions answered will give you a much clearer image than hundreds of random variables.
- Not understanding your competition. It can seem simple to come up with an epic advertising campaign and spend months developing billboards, social media content, and products only to be blindsided when your competition comes out with the same thing just a short while before your campaign comes out. Monitoring and learning about your competitors will give you insight into what they are planning and how you can stand out.
By following these tips, you can avoid wasting money on research and campaigns that won’t make a difference.
How Mediamine Can Benefit You
We have 12 years of experience in media research and competitor analysis. We believe that by understanding your competition and your customers better, you can provide products and services that will truly resonate with your audience and make your company stand out.
Contact us today to find out more about the services we offer and what we can do for you.